Project Engineer – Composite Integration Ltd
Job Type: Full time,
Location: Saltash PL12 6LZ and prepared to travel as required to visit clients
Composite Integration are committed to providing a market-leading innovative and well-engineered range of equipment and services to the continually evolving global composite industry.
We are a dedicated, approachable dynamic team with unrivalled experience. We seek to build strong long-term relationships with our customers and suppliers. We work with mutual trust and respect and are willing to support, assist and learn from each other. With an open mind we work with clear determination to continuously improve and respond positively to the challenges presented.
Simply – We aim to be the innovative leader in the composite industry.
With an emphasis on internal and collaborative funded projects, design mechanical and/or electrical equipment & tooling, develop new ideas, processes and test methods. Carry out practical work to support project outcomes. Support the New Product Introduction (NPI) process. To provide technical assistance to the internal Engineering and Business Development teams and clients.
- Primary role to undertake engineering work for company R&T projects/programmes.
- Work to meet project objectives, timescales, budgets.
- Report on project activity/performance to Management Team
- Communicate with project partners, stakeholders and team members to ensure successful outcomes.
- Provide clear professional competent support to internal and external stakeholders
- Collaboratively work on and provide support to other projects, colleagues and departments as required.
- Research, investigate and identify solutions for engineering problems.
- Research and create initial design concepts
- Carry our experimentation, demonstrations, data collection and analysis as required.
- Make recommendations regarding design specifications to ensure solution matches requirements.
- Draft 2D manufacturing drawings, technical / design specifications and detailed 3D design and equipment
- Create successful outcomes in terms of Project objectives or New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Complete all work required for NPI process, collaborating with other teams as required.
- Provide in-house support with build, commissioning and testing.
- Produce supporting documentation including build drawings and technical documentation, instruction manuals, training guides etc.
- Travel for project meetings and work both in the UK and Worldwide as required.
- Ensure compliance with relevant Health and Safety standards, policies and procedures. (CI, UK or International)
- Ensure compliance with company processes and systems
- Maintain sector technical expertise and knowledge of innovative and emerging technology.
The Person specification:
Qualifications and training
- Engineering degree or equivalent and 1 years in a similar engineering role
- Proficient in 3D modelling (Autodesk Inventor).
- Computer literate – Microsoft Office + General IT Skills
Knowledge and Expertise
- Knowledge and practical hands on experience of composites processing.
- Strong theoretical knowledge of mechanical engineering principles.
- Experienced in a diverse range of complex design projects from concept to production.
- Demonstrate a logical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to understand and interpret information and data for the proper performance of engineering projects.
- Awareness of relevant design tools, techniques and methods for composite sector.
- Experience and understanding of the importance of document management.
- Up to date knowledge of current CE legislation and standards.
- Experienced in using Project Management tools and techniques.
- Organised and methodical approach to completing work tasks and managing ones own workload.
- Demonstrable strong but calm independent analytical and problem solving abilities in challenging, stressful situations (including working across different time zones)
- Ability to prioritise tasks and processes
- Ability to use ones owns initiative, self-motivated and a confident decision maker.
- Demonstrable high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to listen and clearly articulate and present technical information to clients and other stakeholders over the phone and in person.
- Highly collaborative with the ability to work in small teams on multiple concurrent projects.
- A strong desire for life long learning to continually broaden and improve personal capability including maintaining sector technical knowledge and seeking out emerging engineering trends and innovations.
- Full Driving License
- In date Passport
Applicant Privacy Statement
Composite Integration Ltd is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Composite Integration Ltd has a privacy notice that describes how we collect and use personal information about you during the recruitment and selection process and after that process has finished, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). It applies to all prospective applicants who submit CV’s, application forms and any other documentation during a selection process and when applying for employment with us. Further details are available by contacting www.KenmareHR.co.uk
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Company pension
- Gym membership
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Yes, temporarily due to COVID-19
For further information please contact: email@example.com