Due to continuing growth we are seeking a design engineer with Mechanical qualifications or experience to undergo a one year placement with us. The role will be instrumental in designing machinery, equipment and processes for the closed moulding composite process. The role will also provide technical assistance to other projects and clients globally.
About the role
- Research and create design concepts, drawings and specifications using appropriate software
- Research and identify solutions for equipment and process project work
- Make recommendations regarding design specifications to ensure equipment and processes match client requirements.
- Ensure all drawing added to MRP system and new parts numbers created as required.
- Produce all supporting documentation
- Provide in-house hands-on support with build, commissioning and testing of equipment.
- On-site building, commissioning and testing of equipment.
- Provide training to clients engineers and operators
- Provide clear professional competent support to clients via telephone and email correspondence
- Creation of technical drawings to assist with feasibility /ROM cost quoting for clients.
- Provide client support with technical equipment enquires and product development discussions.
- Maintain technical expertise and knowledge including of emerging technologies, processes and techniques.
Knowledge and Expertise
- Strong theoretical knowledge of mechanical design engineering principles.
- Experience of a diverse range of complex design projects from concept to production.
- Understanding of manufacturing, building, commissioning and testing of new equipment.
- Ability to understand and interpret information and data for design engineering projects.
- Knowledge and practical hands-on experience of closed mould composite processing. (desirable)
- Awareness of relevant design tools, techniques and methods for the closed mould composite sector.(desirable)
- Experience and understanding of the importance of using document management systems
- Experienced in using Project Management tools and techniques.
- Organised and methodical approach to completing work and managing ones own workload.
- Calm analytical and problem-solving abilities with complex work including working across different time zones
- Ability to use ones owns initiative, self-motivated and a confident decision maker.
- Demonstrable high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to listen and clearly articulate and present technical information to clients and other stakeholders over the phone and in person.
- Highly collaborative with the ability to work in small teams on multiple consecutive protects.
- Willingness to travel/work independently world-wide
- In date Passport and driving License
For Further information please contact:
Tel: 07415 055739