Procurement Manager- Composite Integration Ltd
Job Type: Permanent, full Time, 40 hours, Monday – Friday
Composite Integration are committed to providing a market-leading innovative and well-engineered range of equipment and services to the continually evolving global composite industry.
We are a dedicated, approachable dynamic team with unrivalled experience. We seek to build strong long-term relationships with our customers and suppliers. We work with mutual trust and respect and are willing to support, assist and learn from each other. With an open mind, we work with clear determination to continuously improve and respond positively to the challenges presented.
Simply – We aim to be the innovative leaders in the composite industry.
Manage and coordinate all stages of the full physical and administrative external and internal procurement and logistics life cycle of all parts, materials, and machinery within Composite Integration.
Manage and coordinate all stages of the internal and external procurement and logistics life cycle to ensure the effective and efficient storage and movement of all parts and materials within Composite Integration.
Provide leadership and liaise and coordinate with the Director, General Manager, Managers, and employees to ensure an effective and efficient procurement and logistics operation.
- Forecast levels of demand and maintain stock levels within agreed targets
- Study and analyse markets to make recommendations of possible changes which would represent savings without detracting from quality requirements. Send out inquiries for appropriate materials, collate and analyse quotations.
- Place orders with suitable suppliers for specified equipment, supplies, materials and services ensuring goods are delivered on the required date and purchased at the most competitive rates and within budget.
- Gain prior approval for any purchases above agreed responsibility thresholds.
- Consolidate purchases of equipment, supplies, material and services to achieve maximum economic benefit.
- Identify and develop wherever feasible negotiated agreements with suppliers and manufacturers.
- Develop supplier relationships, ensuring a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all suppliers
- Ensure all purchasing decisions take into account best quality and best lead times, best costs.
- Monitor supplier performance, deal with delivery and quality issues effectively and take corrective action as required.
- Study and interpret market pricing trends, undertake forecasts and keep the company directors updated with trends to support commercial decision-making.
- In conjunction with the other departments and employees ensure quality and performance of materials are in line with required standards.
- Inform all relevant employees of information regarding changes in materials, major price movements, delivery lead times and individual supply situations as required.
- Maintain all relevant computer and documented records and systems related to suppliers and all purchases made.
- Review works orders at end of builds and update BOM’s with the production Manager or engineers.
Manage the small Logistics Team and Logistics operation to ensure;
- control the receipt and quality inspection of all materials
- stock stored in the correct location. Manage stock checks and review of stock values as required.
- picking completed to ensure timely availability of parts and materials for the production team
- all logistics / warehouse paperwork and computer systems inc MRP to ensure accuracy.
- timely schedule, process and dispatch of all orders.
Work collaboratively with the Directors, Managers and employees to support the development and implementation of company policies and objectives.
To act as a role model for Composite Integrations policies, procedures, and values.
To manage and motivate the team, review work performance, and complete appraisals.
Identify training needs that are beneficial to the company’s and employees’ skills base and strategic objectives. Identify solutions and support the employees to achieve their goals with budgetary approval.
Provide a safe working environment, adhere to H&S, Company policies and procedures at all times, ensuring correct PPE is worn at all times.
Qualifications and training
- A Procurement, Logistics, or other relevant discipline qualification up to degree level
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with at least 3 years in a Procurement role.
- Experience of appropriate Manufacturing methodologies including Lean.
- Strong IT skills, with ability to analysis data
- ICT skills including MRP systems, spreadsheet, and word-processing at a high level of proficiency
- Understanding of Quality Management ISO 9001
Knowledge and Expertise
- Proven Procurement / Logistics/Operations Management and Leadership experience
- Ability to build and develop team working and team-based problem solving
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to show resilience and a flexible approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong people and performance management skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Proven ability to manage and maintain budgets
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple complexity projects at any given time,
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail ensuring high levels of quality
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with Managers, employees and customers
- Capable to work under pressure, with ability to prioritise and motivate others to meet deadlines
- Competent to work in a systematic and logical approach in challenging, stressful situations
- Able to act decisively, solving procurement and logistics related problems
- Strong desire for lifelong learning to continually broaden and improve personal capability
- Ability to use one’s own initiative, self-motivated, confident in making decisions with a can-do approach to challenges
- Company pension
- Gym membership
- Sick pay
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Purchasing: 1 year (preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
Composite Integration Ltd are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. We have a privacy notice that describes how we collect and use personal information about you during the recruitment and selection process and after that process has finished, in accordance with GDPR. It applies to all prospective applicants who submit CVs, application forms and any other documentation during a selection process and when applying for employment. Further details are available via www.kenmarehr.co.uk/contact-us