Buyer – Composite Integration Ltd
Job Type: Full Time, 40 hours, Monday – Friday
Composite Integration are committed to providing a market-leading innovative and well-engineered range of equipment and services to the continually evolving global composite industry.
We are a dedicated, approachable dynamic team with unrivalled experience. We seek to build strong long-term relationships with our customers and suppliers. We work with mutual trust and respect and are willing to support, assist and learn from each other. With an open mind we work with clear determination to continuously improve and respond positively to the challenges presented.
Simply – We aim to be the innovative leaders in the composite industry.
Control and coordinate all stages of external and internal procurement cycle to ensure the effective and efficient purchasing, receipt, quality checking, recording, storage, movement and dispatching of all parts and materials within Composite Integration.
- Control and coordinate all stages of the internal and external procurement life cycle to ensure the effective and efficient purchasing, storage and movement of all parts and materials within Composite Integration
- Liaise and coordinate with the Director, General Manager, Managers, and employees to ensure an effective and efficient procurement operation
- Forecast levels of demand and maintain stock levels within agreed targets
- Undertake market research and make recommendations for alternative suppliers to deliver cost and quality improvements as appropriate
- Send out enquiries for appropriate materials, collate and analyse quotations
- Place orders with suitable suppliers for specified equipment, supplies, materials and services ensuring goods are delivered by the required date and purchased at the most competitive rates/within budget
- Gain prior approval for any purchases above agreed responsibility thresholds
- Consolidate purchases of equipment, supplies, material and services to achieve maximum economic benefit
- Identify and develop wherever feasible negotiated agreements with suppliers and manufacturers
- Develop supplier relationships, ensuring a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all suppliers
- Ensure all purchasing decisions take into account best cost, best quality and best lead times
- Monitor supplier performance, deal with delivery and quality issues effectively and take corrective action as required
- Study and interpret market pricing trends, undertake forecasts and keep company Directors and the General Manager updated with trends to support commercial decision making
- In conjunction with the other departments and employees ensure quality and performance of materials are in line with required standards
- Inform all relevant employees of information regarding changes in materials, major price movements, delivery lead times and individual supply situations as required
- Maintain all relevant computer and documented records and systems related to suppliers and all purchases made
- Work with Goods-In with the quality inspection process and liaise with suppliers as necessary
- Work collaboratively with the Directors, Managers and employees to support the development and implementation of company policies and objectives
The Person specification:
Qualifications and training
- A procurement, or other relevant qualification up to degree level
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with 3 years in a procurement role.
- Experience of appropriate manufacturing methodologies including Lean.
- Strong IT skills, with ability to analysis data
- ICT skills, including MRP systems, spreadsheet, and word-processing at a high level of proficiency
Knowledge and Expertise
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proven Buyer experience
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to show resilience and a flexible approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of Quality Management ISO 9001
- Comprehensive knowledge of Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Proven ability to manage and maintain budgets
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple complexity projects at any given time,
- Ability to demonstrate impeccable attention to detail ensuring high quality work
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with managers, employees and suppliers
- Ability to work under pressure, with able to prioritise and motivate others to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a systematic and logical approach in challenging, stressful situations
- Able to act decisively, solving procurement related problems
- Ability to use one’s own initiative, self-motivated, confident in making decisions with a can-do approach to challenges
- Strong desire for lifelong learning to continually broaden and improve personal capability
Composite Integration Ltd are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. We have a privacy notice that describes how we collect and use personal information about you during the recruitment and selection process and after that process has finished, in accordance with GDPR. It applies to all prospective applicants who submit CVs, application forms and any other documentation during a selection process and when applying for employment. Further details are available via www.kenmarehr.co.uk/contact-us