Automation Design Engineer – Composite Integration Ltd
Job Type: Full time
Location: Saltash PL12 6LZ with travel as required
Due to continuing growth, we are seeking a design engineer with automation qualifications or experience.
Programmable logic controller (plc) experience is essential with Siemens Tia Portal Software experience preferable.
Electronic and electrical software development experience preferable.
The role will be instrumental in designing automated machinery, equipment, and processes for the closed moulding composite process. The role will also provide technical assistance to other projects and clients globally.
Composite Integration are committed to providing a market-leading innovative and well-engineered range of equipment and services to the continually evolving global composite industry.
We are a dedicated, approachable dynamic team with unrivalled experience. We seek to build strong long-term relationships with our customers and suppliers. We work with mutual trust and respect and are willing to support, assist and learn from each other. With an open mind we work with clear determination to continuously improve and respond positively to the challenges presented.
Simply – We aim to be the innovative leaders in the composite industry.
- Research and create engineering solutions for equipment design projects
- Draft 2D manufacturing drawings, technical / design specifications and detailed 3D design and equipment GA
- Make recommendations regarding design specifications to ensure equipment matches requirements.
- Ensure compliance with relevant Health and Safety standards, policies, and procedures. (CI, UK or International)
- Ensure compliance with relevant engineering and manufacturing procedures.
- Produce all supporting documentation including build drawings and technical documentation manuals (including installation, operation, and maintenance manuals)
- Accurate completion of BOM’s, Timesheets and all associated documentation
- Provide in-house hands-on support with the build, commissioning and testing of equipment.
- On-site building, commissioning, and testing of equipment.
- Provide training to clients engineers and operators
- Provide clear professional competent support to clients via telephone and email correspondence
- Collaborative support with other colleagues and departments to assist with Sales generation and marketing;
- Technical support to assist in quoting the right equipment for a customer’s needs
- Creation of CAD drawings to assist with feasibility /ROM cost quoting for clients.
- Provide on-going client support with technical equipment enquires and product development discussions.
- Maintain sector technical expertise and knowledge of innovative and emerging technology.
Qualifications and training
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Computer literate – Microsoft Office + general database usage.
- Programmable logic controller (plc) experience
- Experience in 3D parametric modelling (Autodesk Inventor)
Knowledge and Expertise
- Theoretical knowledge of mechanical engineering principles.
- Ability to apply engineering knowledge practically and theoretically.
- Ability to understand and interpret information and data for the proper performance of design engineering projects.
- Demonstrable understanding of the importance of using document management systems
- Knowledge and practical hands-on experience of closed mould composite processing.
- Understanding of manufacturing, building, commissioning, and testing of new equipment.
- Exposure to a diverse range of complex design projects from concept to production.
- Awareness of relevant design tools, techniques and methods for the closed mould composite sector.
- Up to date knowledge of current CE legislation and standards
- Experienced in using Project Management tools and techniques.
- Fully conversant with relevant regulatory and safety standards.
- Organised and methodical approach to completing work tasks and managing ones own workload.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and processes
- Ability to use ones owns initiative, self-motivated and a confident decision-maker.
- Demonstrable high level of attention to detail.
- Strong written skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to listen and clearly articulate and present technical information to clients and other stakeholders over the phone and in person.
- Strong but calm independent analytical and problem-solving abilities in challenging, stressful situations (including working across different time zones)
- Highly collaborative with the ability to work in small teams on multiple consecutive protects.
- A strong desire for life long learning to continually broaden and improve personal capability including maintaining sector technical knowledge and seeking out emerging engineering trends and innovations.
- Willingness to travel/work independently world-wide
- Full Driving License
- In date Passport
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Composite Integration Ltd is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. We have a privacy notice that describes how we collect and use personal information about you during the recruitment and selection process and after that process has finished, in accordance with GDPR. It applies to all prospective applicants who submit CVs, application forms and any other documentation during a selection process and when applying for employment. Further details are available via www.kenmarehr.co.uk/contact-us