Apprentice Electrical Workshop Technician- Composite Integration Ltd
Seeking an Apprentice Electrical Workshop Technician.
This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys getting hands-on, wants to learn and work with electrical systems in a professional manufacturing environment and is willing to undertake an apprenticeship with City College Plymouth.
Salary: Above average rate of pay of normal apprenticeships
Job Type: Full-time permanent position
Location: Saltash PL12 6LZ
Composite Integration are committed to providing a market-leading innovative and well-engineered range of equipment and services to the continually evolving global composite industry.
We are a dedicated, approachable dynamic team with unrivalled experience. We seek to build strong long-term relationships with our customers and suppliers. We work with mutual trust and respect and are willing to support, assist and learn from each other. With an open mind we work with clear determination to continuously improve and respond positively to the challenges presented.
Simply – We aim to be the innovative leaders in the composite industry.
Working as part of a team, you will learn to consistently build machines and equipment to the correct specifications and standards. This will include problem solving and coming up with solutions on non-standard equipment.
- Build standard and non-standard machines and equipment as required to a high standard
- Complete tests of equipment as required ensuring equipment passes inspection, is safe and works correctly.
- Accurately complete all relevant documentation correctly for each machine making sure all necessary test information is captured. Also ensuring parts used and time spent have been correctly recorded on MRP.
- Support with the creation and design of solutions to engineering problems as required.
- Support with customer understanding of any information given over the phone to help solve their problems.
- Maintain the safety of yourself and others within the workshop. Ensuring safe working methods are used and that the correct PPE is also worn as appropriate for each task.
The Person specification:
Qualifications and training
- Minimum 5 GCSE’s or equivalent) at Grade C or above. Including Maths, English and Science
Knowledge and Expertise
- Demonstratable good electrical hand skills and comfortable using hand and power tools
- Willingness to work towards understanding the theoretical knowledge of electrical engineering principles.
- Willing to learn and understand the manufacturing, building, commissioning and testing of new equipment.
- Ability to understand and interpret information and data for the proper performance of engineering projects.
- Good computer literacy skills, with the ability to use engineering related software systems
- Organised and methodical approach to completing work tasks and managing one’s own work load under pressure and to deadlines.
- Demonstrable strong but calm independent analytical and problem-solving abilities in challenging, stressful situations
- Ability to prioritise tasks and processes
- Ability to use one’s owns initiative, self-motivated and a confident decision-maker.
- Demonstrable high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to listen and clearly communicate the technical information in person or over the phone.
- Highly collaborative with the ability to work in small teams on multiple projects.
- A strong desire for lifelong learning to continually broaden and improve personal capability.
- On occasions willingness to travel and work independently
- Company events
- Company pension
- Gym membership
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Monday to Friday
Applicant Privacy Statement
Composite Integration Ltd is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Composite Integration Ltd has a privacy notice that describes how we collect and use personal information about you during the recruitment and selection process and after that process has finished, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). It applies to all prospective applicants who submit CV’s, application forms and any other documentation during a selection process and when applying for employment with us. Further details are available by contacting www.KenmareHR.co.uk
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent