Tel +44 (0)1752 849998
Fax +44 (0)1752 846414
Composite Integration Ltd
1F Long Acre, Saltash, PL12 6LZ
Ciject® Four- RTM/VRTM Injection Machine
Designed specifically for high volume ‘Direct Infusion’ processes
Based on the proven Ciject metering system, the Ciject Four uses a double pump system to provide optimum output plus a level of process security during the infusion (each pump/mix head can be shut-down and flushed if necessary during the infusion)
The machine is designed for use with multiple In-Mould Pressure Sensors (IMPS)
The specification can be adapted and the control system can be configured to suit the particular parameters of the customer’s process.
The Ciject Four is currently used to manufacture the worlds largest production infused yachts
- General Features
- Fully enclosed cabinet housing pumping and control systems
- Fully automatic mixing heads feeding into auto-manifold
- Skid mounted with castors, fork lift and gantry lift points
- Resin Inlets with cam-lock IBC connectors, large-bore in-line filters and in-line catalyst/hardener filters for easy cleaning without disconnection
- Low volume/high velocity mix-head and auto-manifold flush system to ensure simple and quick cleaning with minimum solvent use. 20 Litre non-pressurised solvent tank
- Unique catalyst/hardener monitoring system
- Purpose designed resin and 316 Stainless Steel catalyst/hardener pumps for high reliability and simple maintenance. Modular for easy removal.
- Seals designed and tested for service life in excess of 250,000 Kg of resin.
- Two Independent Pump System - (2 resin & 2 catalyst/hardener) with the option to run independently
- Mixed output up to 12Kg per min (dependant on resin viscosity) per pump. (note: total output from both pumps will depend on resin viscosity, air supply and downstream pipe-work restrictions)
- Meter mix from 0.5% to 3.5% resin/catalyst ratio (polyester), 15% to 50% resin/hardener ratio (epoxy)
- Drive cylinder heating/de-icing system
- High flow cylinder silencers
- Recirculation isolation valves to ensure 100% material flow to mixing head during injection
- Control System:
- 110-240V Industrial Omron Modular PLC with Integrated 5.7” Colour operator control panel .
- Alarm beacon mounted on operator control panel
- 'Uninterruptible’ power supply (UPS) with alarm
- Intelligent machine program - prevents operator error (e.g. flushing while injecting)
- Simple selection of infusion settings.
- 4 input IMPS (Infusion Monitoring Pressure System) with user selectable full PID pressure control
- Supplied with 4 x IMPS sensors (including 4 x 10m leads as standard)
- IMPS calibration screen
- Password protection for configuration and programming screens
- Programmable input of injection volume, injection pressure, start and end catalyst percentages
- Machine Operation Log Screen records up to 4000 machine actions
- Selectable auto/manual flush sequence with adjustable flush alarm to warn operator if flush has not been carried out.
- Adjustable machine stall warning/alarm
- Moving average (10 second) and total average flow rates displayed during injection.
- Automatic recirculation feature with user programmable timers.
- Recirculation ‘flow test’ function to assist with viscosity/flow rate assessment
- 24v Battery Backed UPS alarm
- Alarm levels for vacuum
- Vacuum ‘drop-test’ screen with configurable parameters and Green/Red Pass/Fail display output.
- Catalyst/hardener check on pre-infusion screen
- Injection Pause at pre-set level for IBC change
Motorised Catalyst/Hardener Ratio system (MCR)
Radio Frequency Identification System (RFID)
Remote Pendant Operator Screen
On-board Vacuum System
In-line Resin Heater
Catalyst/Hardener and Resin Flow Measurement System
Vacuum level Monitoring - 2 inputs
Thermocouple input module - 6 inputs
|Machine Item/Option||Notes||Part/option Number|
|Ciject Four Injection Machine|
|Polyester version||0.5% - 3.5% ratio range||XE-4000-01
|Epoxy version 2:1||100:12.5 - 100:50 ratio range||XE-4000-02
|Epoxy version 1:1||100:25– 100:100 ratio range||XE-4000-03|
|Motorised Catalyst Ratio (MCR) x 2||03
|Remote Pendant Screen||05
|On-Board Vacuum Pump||06|
|High-flow Head option||07|
|Inline PID Resin Heater||08|
|Resin and Catalyst flow meters||Polyester/Vinylester version||11
|Resin and Hardener flow meters||Epoxy Version||12|
|Vacuum Level Monitoring (x2)||14
|Thermocouple monitoring module - 6 input||15|
|Additional IMPS input module - 6 input||16|
|Ciject Four: Spares Kits|
|Polyester option 0.5% - 3.5% ratio range||XE-4000-SK-01
|Polyester with High Flow Injection Head option||XE-4000-SK-02
|Epoxy option 100:12.5 - 100:50 ratio range||XE-4000-SK-03
|Epoxy with High Flow Injection Head option||XE-4000-SK-04
To specify a machine configuration use the machine part number followed by the required option numbers separated by a hyphen.
e.g. XE-4000-01-06-17 & XE-4000-SK-01 specifies a Ciject Four Polyester with On-Board Vacuum Pump option and Data Recording option plus the appropriate spares kit.