Stores / Logistics Assistant
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent,
Location: Saltash Industrial Estate, Unit 1F, Long Acre, Saltash PL12 6LZ
Who are we
Committed to providing a market-leading innovative and well-engineered range of equipment and services to the continually evolving global composite industry.
We are a dedicated, approachable dynamic team with unrivalled experience. We seek to build strong long-term relationships with our customers and suppliers. We work with mutual trust and are willing to support, assist and learn from each other. With an open mind we work with clear determination to continuously improve.
Simply – We aim to be the innovative leader in the composite industry.
You will perform and support all goods in, quality control, storage, internal movement and dispatch functions for all parts, materials and machines within the Company, ensuring an efficient business operation.
You will support the production teams with small assemblies as required.
- Receive and check delivery of supplies and materials
- Complete appropriate quantities of Quality Control tests to ensure conformance to industry and Company standard
- Move stock using lifting equipment, by hand or a fork lift truck (if qualified)
- Ensure all supplies, consumables and materials are stored correctly. Accurate quantities, weights and photos are recorded on MRP.
- Input data for all good received into MRP system
- Maintain strict parts control using serial numbers and batch control to company requirements to ensure traceability
- Communicate with Manager regarding any stock control shortage or concerns
- Prepare and pack parts, materials and machines for dispatch to ensure safe receipt at customer location
- Complete works orders to ensure timely delivery of parts and materials for builds
- Pick parts for the production team to facilitate efficient building of machines
- Complete small assembly work to support production team
- Adhere to manual handling procedures when lifting and manoeuvring of products is conducted
- Complete relevant Quality Control checks on goods, materials and machines ready for dispatch
- Dispatch goods, materials and machines, ensure orders are prepared and processed efficiently and that outgoing delivery’s meet customers timescales and packing requirement
- Support Production Manager to ensure Bill of Materials (BOM’s) are correct and system is maintained accurately.
- Inform production manager of any supplier or customer returns
- Deal with any supplier or customer returns
- Uphold appropriate security of backdoor and warehouse environment, maintaining access control at all times
- Operate in a safe manner complying with all health, safety, and environmental requirements to ensure own and safety of others
- Maintain a clean and tidy warehouse area, ensuring operational efficiency
- Relevant logistics, warehouse experience or qualification would be advantageous
- Minimum 5 GCSEs including English, Maths, and IT
- NVQ in Warehouse and storage (desirable)
- Full clean driving licence (desirable)
- Fork lift licence (desirable) or be prepared to obtain a license
Knowledge and Expertise
- Demonstrate strong warehouse experience in a technical manufacturing environment
- Experience of conducting quality control tests on components and recording the results (desirable)
- Experience of manual handling would be advantageous
- Ability to complete paperwork and use Stock Control IT systems accurately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate strong planning and organisational skills
- Experience of using moving equipment and working in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations
- Experience of Quality Systems (preferably ISO 9001 desirable)
- Experienced use a fork lift truck/lifting equipment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of computerised systems
- Ability to prioritise work load to meet deadlines
- Able to work as part of a team
- Demonstrate a high attention to detail
- Adaptable to change
- Able to engage, motivate and involve others, working with a collaborative approach
- Self-motivated – ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to work methodically and accurately when completing tasks
- Ability to think “end user first” and understand the impact of poor quality work or failure to deliver on time
Composite Integration Ltd are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. We have a privacy notice that describes how we collect and use personal information about you during the recruitment and selection process and after that process has finished, in accordance with GDPR. It applies to all prospective applicants who submit CV’s, application forms and any other documentation during a selection process and when applying for employment. Further details are available via www.kenmarehr.co.uk/contact-us
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Company pension
- Gym membership
- On-site parking
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
The Company adheres to COVID Secure working methods and all employees work together to look after each other’s welfare.
For further information please contact: email@example.com