This role is around 50% worldwide travel and 50% working in Saltash.
A field based role with around 50/50% global travel supporting our customers worldwide.
Provide worldwide onsite technical expertise for the commissioning, servicing and repair of Composite Integration equipment.
Provide technical support and training to onsite engineers (either whilst onsite or remotely) in the use of our equipment ensuring our customers have confidence in our equipment.
At base (40/50% of your time) supporting the Design and Production teams with technical expertise on equipment build, testing, repair and servicing.
Composite Integration are committed to providing a market-leading innovative and well-engineered range of equipment and services to the continually evolving global composite industry.
We are a dedicated, approachable dynamic team with unrivalled experience. We seek to build strong long-term relationships with our customers and suppliers. We work with mutual trust and respect and are willing to support, assist and learn from each other. With an open mind we work with clear determination to continuously improve and respond positively to the challenges presented.
Simply – We aim to be the innovative leaders in the composite industry.
Field based responsibilities
- Complete onsite installation and commissioning of supplied equipment within the UK and worldwide as required.
- Train onsite company engineers/operators and maintenance employees on the use and maintenance of our equipment.
- Ensure compliance with commissioning procedures and documentation.
- Carry out on-site servicing and repairs
- Carry out on-site upgrades and software updates to equipment
- Testing and calibration on completion of service
- Ensure compliance with servicing procedures and documentation
UK Office responsibilities (Saltash)
- Provide telephone and email support to Customers (with the support of Design Team)
- Manage and maintain customer Helpdesk system / Helpdesk website
Report monthly on helpdesk activity
- Continue the develop of servicing procedures and documentation to ensure CI always has an up to date and contemporaneous suite of documentation for all equipment.
- Develop articles for helpdesk website to enable customers to ‘help themselves’
Testing and repairs
- Test and calibrate items manufactured by the production department
- Develop testing methods, equipment and documentation as required to enable the required tests and calibration activities to be undertaken
- Fully document all testing and calibration activities and store the test data. Ensure equipment databases are maintained
- Develop the work instructions for standard assembly and equipment manufacture.
- Use relevant manufacturing processes such as Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma to assist with the development of design, engineering and build of machines and components to ensure a quality first approach is adopted
- Recommend alternatives, updates and amendments to products and machines design, build, processes, procedures, manuals, training material
- Collaboratively support decision making to halt activities and processes and take corrective or preventative action to ensure errors or defects are avoided
The Person specification:
Qualifications, training, knowledge and expertise
- Engineering degree or equivalent with minimum 3 years in a similar engineering role.
- 2-years technical support engineering experience within a relevant sector or using relevant equipment
- Strong practical and theoretical engineering background with the ability to understand, interpret and communicate technical information at all levels including to international engineers and employees
- Experience of commissioning equipment on site abroad and within the UK
- Experience of testing and repairing new equipment within the closed mould composite sector on site abroad and within the UK
- Experience of providing remote access customer support online or by telephone
- Experience of developing training material and in the delivery of training to employees and customers in the maintenance and use of equipment
- Experience in the provision of a customer support online helpdesk including development of content
- Up to date knowledge of testing and calibration techniques and standards
- Experience of developing, using and maintaining all relevant documentation associated with the testing, building and commissioning of equipment
- Demonstrable knowledge of appropriate techniques such as R&D methodologies, Six Sigma, Lean
- Fully prepared to spend a large proportion of working life traveling on a worldwide basis.
- The ability to work collaboratively with a diverse range of people and cultures
- Ability to simplify complex processes to enable clear understanding and applications by all employees and customers
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to listen and clearly articulate technical information
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Self Confidence with the ability to build strong working relationships internally and externally
- Resilience and tenacity with the ability to take decisive corrective actions when required
- The ability to perform accurate detailed focused work on a consistent basis under pressure
- A meticulous passion for attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Confident decision maker; to take the initiative and challenge the norm when required
- Technical report and documentation writing experience
- Willingness to travel/work independently world-wide
- Full Driving Licence and in date Passport
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Gym membership
- Sick pay
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Composite Integration are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. We have a privacy notice that describes how we collect and use personal information about you during the recruitment and selection process and after that process has finished, in accordance with GDPR. It applies to all prospective applicants who submit CV’s, application forms and any other documentation during a selection process and when applying for employment. Further details are available via www.kenmarehr.co.uk/contact