As a Composites Technician you will find yourself at the heart of cutting-edge processes where you will be a skilled part of our team involved in the manufacture of Moulds and all associated processes for our global customers.
The role is to manufacture composite mould making equipment using a wide variety of hand building processes and machinery, including skills such as pattern building, lamination, wet processes, spraying, infusion and RTM processes.
We can provide a diverse and rewarding career in a rapidly growing sector.
- Using a range of hand skills and operating machinery during the mould building process
- Undertake lamination, fabrication and spraying work as required during the mould build process and as per drawings
- General engineering and Carpentry work to support the mould building process
- Work with Silicone and composite fabrics and materials
- Completion of wet processes including the application of gel coats, using brushes, rollers and spray gun methods
- Perform gel coat checks and repairs to mitigate demoulding issues
- Ensuring the moulds are finished to a high standard and have been released correctly
- Ensuring all pipe work connections and mould furniture (clamps and struts etc) are correct and routed/ positioned neatly
- Undertake the finishing of components to support the mould building process
- Work to drawings, complete checks and ensure dimensions of completed products or workpieces conform to specifications
- Ensure that patterns / moulds / components are carefully handled and that all reasonable care is taken to prevent any form of damage being caused to them.
Qualifications and training
- A relevant technical qualification or the equivalent experience
- Good maths and science qualifications will be beneficial
- A passion for “hands on” work, building and making things where no two days are the same.
- A willingness to continually learn as the role and company grows
- Will appreciate working in a truly professional collaborative team environment
- Happy working within a high value, high quality manufacturing environment, where attention to detail is everything
- Capable to work methodically and accurately when completing work with a “right first time” approach
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking ability
- Able to adapt quickly to changing requirements and circumstances
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
For Further information please contact:
Tel: 07415 055739